1049: Sales and Profit Grow When a DSR Takes Responsibility for Problems
Click player below to listen
- DSR Live: 1049
TO DOWNLOAD this show to listen to it anytime, anywhere, RIGHT CLICK & SELECT "SAVE TARGET AS"
DSRs who take the responsibility for their company's problems and errors (and their own) are viewed as true professionals by their customers and will be rewarded in sales growth and more profit
Blame and a Victim Mentality only provides you temporary relief...
Hello, you're in the foodservice distribution business, so mistakes will happen just about every day! How you handle those mistakes will determine your future in this business.
So many DSRs are addicted to playing the victim. Whenever you find a problem, you will usually find a finger pointing blame elsewhe
Common excuses used by DSRs:
- If only my boss wasn't such a control freak
- If only my customer would have ordered the right product
- If only the buyer would have known that we were going to sell more cases of that product than ever before
- If only our people weren't so lazy and without drive
- If only I hadn't been born so poor, I wouldn't have to work so hard
- If only the driver would not have left that case of chicken at the wrong account
- If only the other departments didn't mess up orders all the time
- If only all of my competitor's prices weren't so low
- If only our business development guy would open more accounts for me
- If only, if only, if only...
Blaming everyone and everything else for our problems and challenges may be the norm and may provide temporary relief of the pain, but it also chains us to those very problems.
Show me a DSR who is humble enough to accept and take responsibility for his/her circumstances, and courageous enough to take whatever initiative is necessary to creatively work his/her way through or around those challenges, and I'll show you a very successful DSR.
Successful DSRs take responsibility for issues that come up and manage them with the people involved or affected. Blaming others is the easy way out, but it causes more problems for you and your customers. Short-term relief with negative long-term effects. When problems arise, it is a great opportunity to proactively help develop solutions to problems, so that sales and business can grow like crazy!
DSRs, Be a Resource...and Sell Something!