705: US Foods-Chicago, Chris Contos, DSR of the Month
Click player below to listen
- DSR Live: 705
Forty-five years as a DSR, Chris Contos is the epitome of what the AFDR DSR Hall of Fame exemplifies. Contos has some of the same customers he had in 1972!!! There is only one way any sales rep in any business can keep customers that long, and that’s due to TOTAL TRUST and doing what you say you’re going to do.
Chris has 84 accounts writing $8.9 million in territories of NW Indiana and South Chicago. Thirty years ago, Mr. Contos was the DSR of the Year for ID Magazine while working with Clark Foodservice.
Topics on the show:
· How Chris has handled working for companies that were bought out and continued selling his customers
· Preparation for the next day
· Greenhorn advice for getting over the hump
· Why Chris’ customers trust him
· Understanding tough customers